Q. How long have you been in Business?
- Dream Builders has been in business since 2002. The company president has been building homes in southern Indiana since 1992.
Q. What size homes do you build?
- All sizes. We help our clients design a space that fits their family's unique needs.
Q. How do I choose a house plan?
- "It's your choice" - We can help you design a custom, one-of-a-kind plan for your family, you can search the internet and design books for plans or bring your own plans in.
Q. Can we help do some work on our new home?
- You can contribute as much or as little as you want in the building of your home.
- The more work you do, the more you save!
Q. How do I choose cabinets, appliances, lights, flooring, etc.?
- We help you during our initial consultations to set allowances for the areas of your home that you want to give a personal touch. You can take these allowances and choose custom items for your home or we will use your allowances and initial choices to supply your home with items that you and your family have chosen. If you find items on sale and spend less than allocated, you keep the savings.
Q. Do you provide a warranty?
- All of our homes come with a warranty that covers your new home for up to 5 years.
- All home mechanicals (furnace, central air, water heater, appliances, etc.) also come with additional manufacturers warranties.
- After your warranty(s) expire, our professionals are always available to help you with your home repair needs.
Q. What is the process? (we can assist you in all areas)
- Home Loan: prequalification by your provider
- Choose a lot / building site
- Design a house plan
- Set budgets, allowances and schedules
- Begin construction
- Completion of home and yard
- Live and Enjoy!
Q. How long will it take to build your home?
- Length for construction of your home is dependent upon many factors - weather, materials availability, unforeseen changes, level of home customization, details desired and your mortgage providers scheduling. A typical home, with all other factors held constant, will take 6-8 months to build.
- Homes under 2000 sqft: 4-6 months average
- Homes 2000-4500 sqft: 6-8 months average
- Homes 4500 sqft and above: 8-12 months average
Q. Will we receive credits & discounts for the amount of work we do?
- We will work with you during our initial meetings to set up allowances for areas that you want to do yourself. If you decide to do the work, we will credit you the allowance amount allocated. If you change your mind, we will do the work for you at the originally agreed upon allowances.
Q. Will you help us pick out a building site for our home?
- We can help you to find the right lot, at the right price to fit your family's needs.
Q. What type of homes do you build?
- We are very flexible and enjoy building all types, styles and sizes. We are only limited by your imagination.
Q. Can we hire you to just help us manage the building process?
- Yes, we will work with you to set up management fees and design a business plan to get your home completed from site preparation to move-in day. We can help with material acquisition, subcontractors, plan design, engineering, etc.
Q. What sets Dream Builders apart from other builders?
- We work with you from choosing your lot, to securing a loan, to designing your home
- We are very budget focused
- Creative ideas (outside the box thinking)
- Unique solutions
- A home construction "team concept"
- A diverse background of experts
- We work closely with our clients on their new home projects. We let our clients participate as much or as little as they choose too.
- We have had a brick and mortar home office for over 10 years. We don't work out of our pickup truck.
Q. Will you teach us to do some of the work on our home?
- We have skilled craftsmen that will teach you the basics, periodically check on your progress and assist you along the way.
Q. Who does the work on our home? Do you have your own crews?
- Dream Builders uses a mix of on staff craftsmen and preferred local craftsmen to build your home. Our in house staff has over 92 years of combined experience. Most of our craftsmen have been working with us for over 10 years. They all have a minimum of 20 years experience in their areas of expertise.
Q. What affects the price of a home the most?
- Many factors affect the cost of a new home. The two largest factors would be size and details. My father always used to tell me, "when you're building a new home, the devil is in the details." The more custom touches a home has, the more that home will cost.